Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

First workout!

Well, I ended up signing up for a membership at System Fitness (the site's a bit old school). The gym was about 8x larger than my old one with a separate women-only area plus all sorts of free classes, a sauna, tanning bed (not that I'll use it) and more. Other workout perks = separate rooms for bench press and squats, so you'll never have to wait for a machine. So far everyone's been very friendly.

It's difficult to remember how easy you should take it for the first two weeks. Even though the weight seems light, you're pretty much guaranteed to be sore the next few days. I focused on only upper body since I have a fitness assessment on Wednesday and don't want my lower half to be too sore.
  • 10 mins stationary bike
  • 3x10 40lbs lat pull downs
  • 3x10 20lbs shoulder press
  • 3x10 30lbs bench press
  • 3x10 15lbs pec flies
  • 3x10 10lbs dumbbell rows (bench)
  • 3x10 20lbs preacher curls
  • Abs
Definitely enough to make me sore tomorrow. I was able to do all of that in the women's section since I'm a bit self conscious while I get used to the machines again. I'll move up to work with the big boys in a few weeks :)

Feels great!

3 comments:

  1. should post your weights too so you can be amazed with your improvements overtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried but I can't remember, lol. I guess next time I'll bring a pad and pen. The weight was pretty darn minimal, lol.

    ReplyDelete